Tuesday 14 October 2014

GLORY O'BRIEN'S HISTORY OF THE FUTURE!!!!!!!! - A.S King

Okay. So, first official post as a Mrs. Also, first late post. (Insert wedding related excuse here.)

I'm not really prepared for this post. But, I needed to put up SOMETHING in honour of Glory O'Brien's History of the Future. It came out today, and the very first thing I did when arriving back in Sarnia (even before entering my house and giving hugs to my poor, neglected, kitty-child, Louie) was head on over to our local independent book seller, The Bookkeeper, and pick up this book. (Holy run on sentences, Batman. This is how I roll.)

I'm not someone who has favourite books. Favourite authors, yes. Books? No. How can you choose a favourite book. It's like choosing a favourite child. Kind of a dick move. But, I've gone and done it. I can honestly say that Glory O'Brien's History of the Future is actually a top contender for my favourite book. (I'm a bit of a commitophobe and can't actually bring myself to type the words 'favourite book'.) (Apparently I really like using parentheses.)

It's a beautifully written book that is full of just...I don't even know the words. But A.S King does. She does the words very well. Brian has pointed out that I should probably mention what the book is about. I thought you would just read it because I said so, but we'll maybe mention a few points for you stubborn people.

It's about these girls who drink a bat. (Yes, drink a bat.) And they start to see things. Past/Future things. And it's kind of scary and crazy and Glory's also learning about herself and her family and who she is and it's really just at least fifteen shades of awesome.

Do yourselves a favour and get this book and treasure it for your entire lifetime.

I'm going to re-read this book now.

<3
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Maybe this was your week to not be a commitophobe. I mean, considering what you did over the weekend.
    Thank you for your support of this book. It was a hard book to write. I nearly quit it a few times. This post and YOU are what I will think of when I get those awful tweets about how I'm a jerk. :)

    And congratulations again. And again.

    A

    ReplyDelete