Sunday 26 October 2014

Bad Girls Don't Die - Katie Alender


I really need to decide a day of the week that's gonna be my blog post day. But TECHNICALLY, my last post was last week. So whatever. I'm still kind of sticking to the weekly post statement.

Because it's late October, we're going to review a ghost story! This one is actually one I've been looking at during every trip to the book store and just... didn't take the plunge until recently.  It looked really good, but a) I'm a big wuss when it comes to scary things and I didn't want to cry tears of fear and b) I felt like it was kind of too young for me (coming from the girl who adores Pigeon Finds a Hotdog by Mo Willems ... kind of ridiculous). So finally, I just grabbed it because I'd clearly been gravitating towards it forever.

And I'm glad I did.  Bad Girls Don't Die follows high schooler Alexis through dealing with issues with her family, trying to survive high school, and oh yeah, a possessed little sister. A creepy read that roots itself enough in reality that it just... feels real. I loved how Katie Alender gave me enough information that I wasn't reading without a clue, but there was still enough mystery to leave me wondering where the story was going to take me.

Another thing I love about it is that it's part of a series. I get a tad attached to books and am sad when they're over, so getting a book two and three out the deal? Score. So, if you're looking for a Halloween-ey read, or three, check out this series! Definitely worth checking out.

<3
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment